07 May 2008

Invented Languages magazine update !!!

Journal of Planned Languages is toast. I have decided to give the magazine project a new name and it is the plain and simple, self-explanatory Invented Languages. It needs to have a name that can be understood by the general public when they see it on the newsstand among the other hobby magazines like Model Railroading and Popular Communications.

I have completed the final steps prior to printing. Saturday I went to a plant nursery and bought five young pine trees; Monday I planted them on the land I occupy. (This is my attempt to offset the environmental impact of doing a hardcopy publication. I challenge those who use web-servers to do something similar. Web-servers and the air conditioning systems that keep them alive consume electricity and pump waste heat into the environment 24/7, not to mention the impact of mining the raw materials and assembling the circuit boards.)

The trees are named aUI, Brithenig, Ceqli, DiLingo and Esperanto.

Assembling this magazine has been an internal struggle of epic proportions. The part of me that enjoys communicating with the outside world was at war with the reclusive part of me during the whole process. Exhausting.

Anyway, I‘m exploring the options for printing now, and expect to be mailing out copies by the end of May.

2 comments:

Harald Korneliussen said...

"The part of me that enjoys communicating with the outside world was at war with the reclusive part of me during the whole process. Exhausting."

I would imagine many other would-be language creators have the same problem - and the inward-looking one probably wins more often than not :-) Congratulations on coming this far, and good luck in your future efforts.

Anonymous said...

I am honored to have a tree named after my language. May it pile on rings year after year! sUmUs cAcOOnUs, Dilingo.