14 February 2011

poll results

 
I see that Mac OS X and Linux are the most popular operating systems among people who read this blog and choose to respond to the silly polls. Good to know.

I’m the one who voted for Mac Classic. Even though I don’t use it any more, Mac OS 9.2.2 was my all-time favorite for its ‘look and feel.’ It seemed to hit the sweet spot of balance between technical and aesthetic criteria, for me. When I am sleepy I still sometimes catch myself trying to find the calculator up there in the Apple menu, or find myself groping for the list of currently running applications up there (gesturing nostalgically)…

1 comment:

Steven Brewer said...

I keep my Dock on the right-hand side of the screen, mainly due to my instinct to look for the Application Menu from OS 9. I can't stand having the Dock at the bottom.